Updated: Apr 28, 2020
"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going" -Jim Ryun
1. They do what they love. It is much easier to stay motivated when your days are spent doing something you are passionate about. So that begins with discovering what you are passionate about and what lights up your soul. Then you figure out a way for that to become your career.
2. They create a plan. It is important to get organized and have a clear objective. The big picture is what motivates you but the small steps are how you achieve your dream. Even the things that seem impossible can be achieved with small steps.
3. Hard work. This one seems obvious but can often be over looked. Too often people expect instant success and that is not how it happens. You have to be willing to do the work. That's why you pick something you love to do! So that the hard work is fun.
4. Persistence. There is simply no strait line to success. The only difference between success and failure is the refusal to give up. No is not an option. When doors are closed successful people create new ones.
5. Failure. It is impossible to succeed without failing many times along the way. So learn to embrace it, learn from it and come back stronger every time. "Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success." -Dale Carnegle
6. They read a lot. And they enjoy it ! There is so much to learn and reading expands your mind and perspective. Learning from others failures and successes gives so much valuable knowledge.
7. Discipline. Create habits for success and stick to them. It's staying committed even when you are discouraged, focused during the trials and determined at all times.
8. Self care. It is easy to be focused on work, children and our day to day lives. Yet in order to be truly successful we have to treat ourselves with love and care. We must develop a regular self care routine. That includes focusing on our health, exercise, being in nature, yoga, meditation, developing a spiritual connection and being happy. You are worth it.
9. They have coaches. People like Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates and Tony Robbins all agree on the importance of having a coach. Someone who can see the greatness in you that you may unable to see. Someone will invest in you, motivate you and guide you. There is no better investment you can make than in yourself.
10.Take risks. We have all heard the saying no risk, no reward. It is so true. If your dreams don't scare you they aren't big enough. What is the point of being alive if we don't try to do something remarkable?